3 Easy & Spicy Low Carb Dinners
Written by Molly Becker, Director of KetoBars on November 9th 2020
I don't know about you but we're running out of low carb dishes to make at home! We thought we'd spice things up a bit by providing 3 easy SPICY keto dishes that the whole family can enjoy. Ps. You get to control the spice level. Check em' out. 👇
1. Spicy Beef Ramen
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 small onion, thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
• 1 teaspoon chili paste
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
• 4 ounces thinly sliced mushrooms
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 5 cups beef broth
• 3 packets shirataki noodles
• 10 slices roast beef
• Hard-boiled eggs
• Sesame seeds
• Chopped green onion
• Extra chili sauce
• Seaweed flakes
1. In a large stockpot heat the oil over medium heat. Cook the onions until softened.
2. Add the ginger, garlic, chili paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, mushrooms, salt, pepper, and beef broth to the pot. Simmer for 30 minutes.
3. Take the noodles out of the package then rinse under cold water. Add to the pot then check the seasoning. Add salt if needed.
4. Divide the noodles and broth out into four bowls. Add the beef then the optional toppings if desired.
2. Spicy Low Carb Chicken Fritters
• 7 oz chicken breast cooked, shredded
• 1 egg
• 1 tbsp mayonnaise
• 2 tsp red chili flakes
• 1 tsp chili powder
• 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Scoop spoonful's of the mixture onto the hot pan and flatten with the back of the spoon.
4. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Serve alone or with your favorite dipping sauce or garnish.
3. Spicy Sriracha Shrimp
By: Wicked Stuffed
• 1 tbsp. minced garlic
• 1 tsp ground turmeric
• pinch of sea salt
• pinch of cracked black pepper
• pinch of saffron
• 3 tsp ghee
• 1/2 chopped onion
• 2 tbsp. Sriracha sauce
• 1 lb. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. In a small bowl, mix the garlic, turmeric, salt, pepper, and saffron.
2. In a large skillet melt the ghee over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the spice mixture and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the sriracha.
3. Add the shrimp and sauté until completely cooked through about 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
Love this blog post? Share it on social!
WHAT TO READ NEXT