GETTING KETO IN THE KITCHEN
Loaded Low Carb Side Dishes!
All of your favorite game day sides made keto-friendly! French fries, nachos, and mashed potatoes have got NOTHING on these delicious and healthy loaded low carb sides. Want to find out how you can make them at home? Keep on reading! 👇🏈
Low Carb Chili Cheese Fries
Loaded Cauliflower Mash
1. Low Carb Chili Cheese Fries
• 1 recipe Super Simple Keto Chili
• 2-3 medium turnips (500 g/ 1.1 lb). You can substitute radishes to reduce carb count.
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1/2 tsp paprika or cumin
• 1/2 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
• 3 tbsp extra virgin avocado oil or ghee (45 ml)
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or mozzarella (57 g/ 2 oz)
• 4 tbsp sour cream (60 ml)
• 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
• 1 small spring onion, green part only (10 g/ 0.4 oz)
1. Preheat the oven to 220 °C/ 425 °F (conventional), or 200 °C/ 400 °F (fan assisted).
2. Peel the turnips. Slice into fries (about 1.5 cm/ 0.6" thick). You want them quite thin so they cook quicker and go crispier.
3. Place on a non-stick baking tray, option to line with greaseproof paper, and toss in the spices, seasoning and oil.
4. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes, or until soft and slightly crisp
5. Meanwhile make the Super Simple Keto Chili by following this recipe.
6. Top the turnip fries with chili, add shredded cheese (cheddar or mozzarella) and place back in oven to melt for 5 minutes.
7. Add chopped green onions, chopped coriander and sour cream to serve.
8. Store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Note: This recipes is relatively high in net carbs (12.8g net carbs per serving). If you want to reduce the net carbs, you can substitute radishes for the turnips.
2. Keto Nachos
By: Cast Iron Keto
• 2 tablespoons avocado oil
• 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 pound skinless boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 2 2.5 oz bags pork rinds
• 8 ounces queso cheese
• 2 avocados diced
• ½ cup pico de gallo
• ¼ cup minced cilantro
• 4 radishes thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 2 jalapeños sliced
1. Heat the oil in a 10.5″ cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with the taco seasoning and the salt. Add to the pan in a single layer and cook 10-15 minutes only flipping occasionally. You want the chicken to get crispy.
2. Place the pork rinds on a serving platter and drizzle with queso, top with chicken, avocado, pico de gallo, cilantro, sour cream, jalapeños, and radishes. Serve immediately.
3. Instant Pot Loaded Cauliflower Mash
• 1 large head cauliflower, core removed and roughly cut into florets
• 1 1/2 cups water, you can also use chicken broth
• 1 clove garlic
• 1/2 tablespoon butter
• 1 tablespoon sour cream
• 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard powder, (optional)
• 1/4 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste (optional)
• Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
• 3/4 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
• 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
• 4 slices low sodium thick cut bacon, cooked to a crisp and diced
• 2 green onions, sliced, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Pour broth in the insert of your Instant Pot.
3. Place steamer basket inside the Instant Pot.
4. Transfer prepared cauliflower to the basket inside the Instant Pot.
5. Close the lid and set the valve to sealing.
6. Set on manual setting and cook on high pressure for 3 minutes.
7. Use the quick release function to release the pressure.
8. Drain out all of the liquid and transfer the cauliflower to a food processor or blender.
9. Add garlic, butter, sour cream, dry mustard, chili powder, salt, and pepper to the blender; process until blended and creamy. I recommend using the pulse function because you have more control over how creamy or chunky you want your mashed cauliflower.
10. Transfer the cauliflower mixture to a baking dish.
11. Top with cheeses and prepared bacon; bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
12. Sprinkle green onions over the top and serve.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @ketobars on Instagram and use the hashtag #TheOriginalKetoBars
MORE KETO GOODNESS:
Jonathan, aka @theketocolombian has been keto since April of 2018. He decided to start keto after getting some family pictures taken on Easter. After seeing and feeling the results of...
You may be asking yourself "what exactly IS a brookie"? Brookies are the perfect combination of a chewy fudge brownie and a delicious, crumbly cookie. The best part about THESE...
We believe in the power of community. Sticking to a healthy lifestyle can be difficult when you don't have someone in your corner cheering you on. Luckily, the online keto...