3 Easy Low Carb Lunch Recipes That Are Kid-Approved!
Written by Molly Becker, Director of KetoBars on September 14th 2020
Low Carb Sandwich Lunch Box
Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wrap
Healthy Keto Bento Box
This year, "back to school" looks much different for a lot of parents and students. Whether you've decided to keep your children home for remote learning or send them back to school, we want to make one thing easier for you...LUNCH!
We gathered some quick and easy low carb lunch recipes that are perfect to pack - or make at home when the kiddos (and you!) are starting to get a little "hangry". Check them out below! 👇
1. Keto Low Carb Sandwich Lunchbox
• 12 Slices Genoa Salami
• 12 Slices Ham
• 12 slices Pepperoni
• 12 Slices Provolone
• 6 tbsp Mayo
• 1/2 cup Shredded Lettuce
• 40 black olives
• 2 apples
1. Lay ingredients on cutting board and roll sandwich up. Secure with a toothpick.
2. Place your ingredients into your lunch boxes. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Use within 3 days.
2. California Turkey and Bacon Lettuce Wraps
By: Iowa Girl Eats
• 1 head iceberg lettuce
• 4 slices gluten-free deli turkey
• 4 slices gluten-free bacon, cooked
• 1 avocado, thinly sliced
• 1 roma tomato, thinly sliced
• 1/2 cup gluten-free mayonnaise
• 6 large basil leaves, torn
• 1 teaspoon lemon juice
• 1 garlic clove, chopped
1. For the Basil-Mayo: combine ingredients in a small food processor then process until smooth. Alternatively, mince basil and garlic then whisk all ingredients together. Can be done a couple days a head of time.
2. Lay out two large lettuce leaves then layer on 1 slice of turkey and slather with Basil-Mayo. Layer on a second slice of turkey followed by the bacon, and a few slices of both avocado and tomato. Season lightly with salt and pepper then fold the bottom up, the sides in, and roll like a burrito. Slice in half then serve cold.
3. Healthy Keto Bento Box
By: Keto Pots
• 3 slices deli turkey with no added sugar
• 2 tbsp cream cheese
• 1 tsp ranch seasoning
• ¼ medium red bell pepper, sliced
• ¼ medium yellow bell pepper, sliced
• ½ medium cucumber, sliced
• ¼ cup fresh strawberries or other berries
• ¼ cup cheddar cheese
• ¼ cup pecans
1. In a small bowl combine the cream cheese and ranch seasoning.
2. Spread the cream cheese evenly over the turkey.
3. Top with bell peppers and cucumber.
4. Roll up tightly.
5. Cut into bite size pieces.
6. Pack it in a lunchbox with strawberries, pecans and cheddar cheese.
Love this blog post? Share it on social!
WHAT TO READ NEXT
KETO MYTHS THAT MAKE US SQUEAK Written by Tony Berardo on April 29th, 2022 Starting a new fitness program or changing your eating habits can be intimidating and confusing. For...