The Best Low Carb Soup Recipes For A Cozy Night In.
Written by Molly Becker, Director of KetoBars on January 6th 2021
Not sure what to make for dinner tonight? Tired of lengthy recipes that involve a ton of clean up? We've got you! We're all about quick and easy meals this Winter. With less than 40 minutes of prep and cook time each, these low carb soup recipes are perfect for a cozy night in. So, grab a bowl and stay warm all Winter long. 🥣
Get the recipes here! 👇
1. Creamy Taco Soup
By: Gimme Delicious
• 1 lb ground beef or turkey or chicken
• 1 tbsp oil of choice
• 1 small onion diced
• 2-3 cloves garlic minced
• 1 small green bell pepper diced (optional)
• 1 (10 oz) can Rotel tomatoes or 1 large tomato, chopped
• 1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese OR 1 cup heavy cream
• 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (homemade or 1 packet)
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 (14.5) oz can beef broth 1.5 cups
1. Add 1 tablespoon oil to a pot or large pot or dutch oven, brown beef, onion, and garlic over medium-high heat for 7-8 minutes or until the ground beef is browned through.
2. Add the bell pepper, Rotel diced tomatoes, cream cheese, and spices. Stir for 4-5 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and tender and cream cheese is mixed through.
3. Pour in beef broth and reduce heat to low-medium. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until desired thickness is achieved.
4. Serve in small soup bowls. Top with freshly sliced avocado, sour cream, shredded cheese, freshly minced cilantro, jalapeno, and a drizzle of lime.
2. Keto Jalapeno Popper Soup
• 6 slices bacon chopped
• 4 large jalapeño peppers cleaned and chopped
• 1/4 cup onion chopped
• 1 clove Garlic
• 8 ounces Cream Cheese (organic, cultured)
• 1 cup Heavy Cream, A2 Pasture Raised
• 8 ounces cheddar cheese shredded
• 1+ cup chicken bone broth
• 2 cups cooked chicken shredded/chopped
• Sea salt to taste
• Crushed red pepper to taste for extra spice!
1. In a medium sauce pot or dutch oven, cook chopped bacon until crispy. Scoop out cooked bacon and set aside, leaving the bacon fat in the pot.
2. Saute jalapeno peppers, onion and garlic until soft, roughly 2 minutes over medium heat.
3. Add cream cheese and heavy cream, reduce heat to low and stir to melt cream cheese. Once melted, slowly add in shredded cheddar cheese continuing to stir.
4. Add bone broth to thin your soup to your desired consistency, I suggest starting with 1 cup.
5. Fold in cooked chicken, season to taste with sea salt and crushed red pepper for extra spice!
6. Enjoy when heated through!
3. Keto Mushroom Soup
By: Kicking Carbs
• 1/4 cup butter
• 12 ounces mushrooms sliced
• 1/2 cup chopped onion
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
• 4 cups chicken bone broth or regular broth
• 3 ounces cream cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup heavy cream
1. Melt butter in a large saucepan
2. Add mushrooms, onions, garlic, and thyme.
3. Cook until the mushrooms have released most of their liquid, about 7 minutes.
4. Add chicken broth and cream cheese to the pan, and cook until the cream cheese melts.
5. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and add heavy cream. Simmer for 15 minutes.
1. Set your Instant Pot to low saute and add butter. When the butter melts add the mushrooms, onions, garlic, and thyme.
Cook for 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Add the chicken broth and place the lid on your Instant Pot. Set pressure to high and the timer to 4 minutes.
3. Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release.
4. Set the Instant Pot to sauté, and add the cream cheese. Cook, stirring often, until the cream cheese melts.
5. Turn to warm and stir in cream.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @ketobars on Instagram and use the hashtag #TheOriginalKetoBars