GETTING KETO IN THE KITCHEN:
3 Keto Recipes Fit for a Fourth BBQ!
The ultimate struggle: serving your party guests delicious snacks that are actually healthy. Well, struggle no more! We've rounded up a few easy keto recipes that your 4th of July guests won't even know are keto! 😱
4th of July Pizza by: Wicked Stuffed
• 1 lb grass fed ground beef
• 2 organic uncured beef hot dogs
• 1.5 cups 4-cheese Mexican blend
• 1.5 cups shredded cheddar
• 1/4 tbsp paprika
• 1/4 tsp sea salt
• 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
• 1/4 tsp Old Bay
• 1/4 tsp garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp onion powder
• 1 tbsp organic thousand island dressing
• 1 cup chopped romaine
• 2 tbsp yellow onion
• 2 tbsp chopped dill pickle
• 1/2 cup shredded American cheese (you can get a little block from the deli or cheese shop)
• low-sugar ketchup to taste (1g of carbs or less)
• mustard to taste
1. Over medium heat in a medium frying pan glazed with olive oil, add 1 cup cheese blend evenly over skillet in a circle, then on top, 1 cup shredded cheese (the 4-cheese blend will keep it from sticking to the pan). Make even. Cheese should sizzle when it’s added.
2. After 5 minutes, use a spatula to lift the edges and underneath of the pizza, and slide out onto a flat surface, like a cutting board. Allow the crust to cool.
3. Repeat again, for the second pizza crust. Set both crusts aside.
4. Add 2 tbsp thousand island dressing to both crusts. Use a spoon to evenly smooth it around.
5. With your leftover skillet, add 1 lb hamburger and cook until browned.
6. Once browned, add paprika, sea salt, ground black pepper, old bay seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, and 2 tbsp water. Mix and set to simmer on low.
7. Chop hot dogs into slices and add to the mix.
8. Simmer for about five minutes.
9. Meanwhile, add chopped lettuce to your pizza crust.
10. Chop your pickles, onions, shred your American cheese, and set aside.
11. On top of lettuce, add about a cup of the hamburger/hotdog mixture to each pizza crust and spread evenly (more, if you want).
12. Add chopped onions and chopped pickles.
13. Drizzle ketchup and mustard on top.
14. Sprinkle with shredded American cheese, serve and enjoy.
Wicked Stuffed Link
Keto Sugar Cookies by: KetoConnect
For The Cookie Cups
• 2/3 cup almond flour
• 1 tbsp coconut flour
• 1 tbsp erythritol
• 1/2 tsp baking powder
• 1/4 tsp pink himalayan salt
• 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/4 (25 drops) tsp liquid stevia
• 1 large egg, room temperature
• 4 tbsp butter, room temperature
For The Filling
• 6 oz cream cheese, room temperature
• 6 tbsp sour cream
• 1/4 tsp liquid stevia
• 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup mixed berries (for topping)
For The Cookie Cups
1. Combine almond flour, coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder and salt. Mix until well combined.
2. Add vanilla, egg and butter. Cut butter into flour mixture, or combine on pulse setting in a food processor.
3. Refrigerate dough for at least 60 minutes.
4. Pre-heat oven to 375F.
5. After refrigerated, divide the dough into 12 balls.
6. Spray a muffin pan with coconut or avocado oil. Flatten balls and place one each into muffin pan hole and form a “cup”.
7. Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Press down the dough with a spoon or small glass to make more of a cavity.
8. Let cookie cups sit for 5-10 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
9. Let cookie cups cool completely before adding filling.
10. NOTE: Makes 7 normal sized muffins cups or 12 small ones.
For The Filling
1. Add cream cheese, sour cream, stevia and vanilla extract to a medium bowl. With a hand mixer, beat until fluffy and combined.
2. Refrigerate filling for 30 minutes to chill.
3. Spoon 1 ½ - 2 tablespoons of sour cream mixture into each cookie cup.
4. Top each cookie cup with a few berries.
5. Serve immediately and enjoy. Best stored in an air tight container in the fridge up to 5 days.
4th of July Cheese Tray by: Moscato Mom
• 1 Carton Cherry Tomatoes
• 1 Package Pre-sliced Havarti Cheese
• 3 Thinly Sliced Red Bell Peppers
• 1 Pre-sliced Mozzarella
• 1 Bag Pre-sliced Pepperoni
• 1 Package Pre-sliced White Cheddar Cheese
• 1 Carton Raspberries
• 1 Bag Blanched Almonds
• 1 Bag Macadamia Nuts
• 1 Carton Blueberries
• 2 Provolone Cheese Slices cut into stars
• 1 Large Pepperoni Meat Stick
1. Starting at the bottom of your 9x13 dish, begin layering red and white ingredients - using the pepperoni meat stick to help hold each layer in place.
2. When half way to the top, fill top left corner with blueberries - using your hand to hold into place.
3. Continue layering the right side with red and white snacks until the entire tray is full.
4. Using star cookie cutters, cut stars out of cheese and place on top of blueberries.
Moscato Mom Link
Decided to take a stab at it? Tag us on social so we can see your creations! @ketobars
If you're looking for some pre-made keto snacks, we've got you covered! 👇