GETTING KETO IN THE KITCHEN
Spooky Low Carb Snacks For Your Keto Halloween Celebration!
These spooky snacks will scare the carbs away! Ditch the sugary candies and high carb chocolate bars. We've got all the snacks you'll need for your Halloween celebration. Want to find out how you can make these adorably spooky treats? Keep on reading...if you DARE! 🎃
Chocolate Cauldron Cupcakes
Keto Mummy Dogs
Spider Web Dip
1. Low Carb Chocolate Cauldron Cupcakes
By: That's Low Carb?
Low Carb Chocolate Cupcake
• 3/4 cup almond flour
• 3 large whole eggs
• 1 tbsp. baking powder
• 1/2 cup light flavored oil
• 1/2 cup erythritol
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
• 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• Optional: mini plastic cauldrons
• 1/2 cup coconut fat
• 1/4 cup erythritol
• 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1. Wash and dry the cauldrons if using. Place them on a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Otherwise, line your muffin tins with your chosen liners.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cupcake ingredients, stirring well to combine.
5. Portion the batter out into the cauldrons or cupcake liners.
6. Bake for approximately 20-30 minutes. Note that I baked mine in a convection oven, so times in your own oven may vary. These are done when poked with a cake tester that pulls out clean.
7. While the cupcakes are in the oven, prepare your frosting by mixing the frosting ingredients together with an electric beater in a small to medium mixing bowl. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
8. When the cupcakes are done baking, cool them completely before topping with the frosting.
9. Place the cupcakes into your mini cauldrons (if using).
10. Serve and enjoy!
2. Keto Mummy Dogs
By: Diet Doctor
• ½ cup almond flour
• 4 tbsp coconut flour
• ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 2½ oz. butter
• 6 oz. shredded cheese
• 1 egg
• 1 lb sausages in links, or uncured hot dogs
• 1 egg, for brushing the dough
•16 cloves, for the mummies eyes (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Mix almond flour, coconut flour and baking powder in a large bowl.
3. Melt the butter and cheese in a pan on low heat. Stir thoroughly with a wooden spoon, for a smooth and flexible batter. After a few minutes, remove from heat.
4. Stir the egg into to the flour mixture, and then add the cheese mixture, combining all until it becomes a firm dough.
5. Flatten into a rectangle, about 8×14 inches (20×35 cm).
6. Cut into 8 long strips, less than an inch wide (1.5–2 cm).
7. Wrap the dough strips around the hot dog and brush with a whisked egg.
8. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 15–20 minutes until the dough is golden brown. The hot dog will be done by then too.
9. Push two cloves into each hot dog to make them look like eyes – but only for decoration. Don’t eat the cloves!
3. Spider Web Dip
By: 1 Fine Cookie
• 8 oz cream cheese (softened to room temperature)
• 1 T taco seasoning
• 1/2 cup salsa
• Shredded cheese
• Sour Cream
• Pico de gallo
• Pickled jalapeño slices
• Sliced olives
• Plastic spiders
1. Mix softened cream cheese, taco seasoning, and salsa together. Spread on the bottom of a pie dish. Top with shredded cheese and guacamole.
2. Garnish the edge with pickled jalapeños, black olives, and pico de gallo.
3. Fill a plastic sandwich baggie with sour cream. Cut a tiny piece of the corner off. Draw a spider web with the sour cream.
Did you make this recipe? Tag us @ketobars on Instagram and use the hashtag #TheOriginalKetoBars
MORE KETO GOODNESS:
Jonathan, aka @theketocolombian has been keto since April of 2018. He decided to start keto after getting some family pictures taken on Easter. After seeing and feeling the results of...
You may be asking yourself "what exactly IS a brookie"? Brookies are the perfect combination of a chewy fudge brownie and a delicious, crumbly cookie. The best part about THESE...
We believe in the power of community. Sticking to a healthy lifestyle can be difficult when you don't have someone in your corner cheering you on. Luckily, the online keto...
Over 2,000 5-Star Reviews.
SHOP KETO BARS