GETTING KETO IN THE KITCHEN:
3 Keto Ice Cream Recipes To Try At Home!
Nothing says Summer like fresh, cold ice cream! National Ice Cream Day is on July 19th. So it's really our patriotic duty to make and eat this delicious treat. 😉
We've gathered 3 delicious (and easy) keto ice cream recipes for you to make at home!
Check them out below. 🍦
Keto Cookies and Cream Ice Cream by: @sugarfreebrie
1 Keto Bar (chopped or pulsed in blender)
• 1 Keto Chow Cookies and Cream Shake (Single Serve)
• 1 ½ cups heavy cream
• 1 tbsp JOI Cashew Nut Milk
• ½ cup water
1. Chill a 1.5 litre capacity dish in the freezer while preparing your ingredients.
2. To create nut milk, blend water and JOI Cashew Nut Milk base.
3. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients and blend until Keto Chow is smooth.
4. Remove the dish from the freezer.
5. Pour the mixture into the chilled dish.
6. Freeze for 1 hour or until the edges of the mixture begin to set.
7. Fold in the sides and use a mixer to beat on low until smooth. Return the dish to the freezer.
8. Repeat these steps 2-3 more times until mixture is no longer liquid.
9. After beating for the last time, use a rubber spatula to flatten the surface of the ice cream, cover, and store in the freezer until frozen.
10. If you'd like an ice cream sandwich (mind blown), check out our awesome recipe with Keto Bars.
1. Before serving, remove from the freezer for about 3-5 minutes to soften.
2. Any flavour of Keto Chow or Keto Bar will work well with this low carb ice cream recipe – so feel free to change it up!
Low Carb Mason Jar Ice Cream by: KetoConnect
• 1 1/3 cup raw pecans, roughly chopped
• 1/4 cup unsalted butter
• 2 cup heavy cream
• 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
• 10 drops liquid stevia (1/8th tsp)
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tsp imitation butter flavoring
1. In a small skillet, melt butter. Toast pecans until lightly browned, 5-6 minutes, then remove from heat and cool completely.
2. Combine all ingredients in a wide mouth 24 ounce-sized mason jar. Secure the lid and shake vigorously for 3-5 minutes. The liquid in side should double in volume, filling the mason jar.
3. Freeze for 3 hours up to 24 hours.
4. Note: at the three hour mark we found the ice cream to be perfect consistency. If you are freezing for significantly longer/overnight be sure to let it sit out for 5-7 minutes prior to enjoying.
No Churn Keto chocolate Ice Cream by: I breathe I'm Hungry
• 5.3 oz (150 g) 85% or 90% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
• 1.8 oz (50 g) cocoa butter
• 4 large eggs, separated
• ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
• ½ cup powdered Erythritol or Swerve (80 g/ 2.8 oz)
• 1 tablespoon sugar-free vanilla extract (15 ml)
• 1 ¼ cups heavy whipping cream, or coconut cream (300 ml/ 10.1 fl oz)
1. Melt the chocolate and cocoa butter in a double boiler, or heatproof bowl placed over a small saucepan filled with 1 cup of water, over medium heat.
2. Let the melted chocolate cool to room temperature. In the meantime, separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Using an electric mixer, beat the egg whites and cream of tartar. As the egg whites thicken, slowly add the powdered Erythritol. Beat until they create stiff peaks.
3. In another bowl, whisk the cream until soft peaks form when the whisk is removed.
4. In a third bowl, mix the egg yolks with the vanilla extract.
5. When the chocolate has cooled down to room temperature, using a rubber spatula, add about a third of the fluffy egg whites and mix with the chocolate. Then add the remaining egg whites and gently fold in without deflating them.
6. Slowly stir in the egg yolk and vanilla mixture. Finally, fold in the whipped cream using the spatula, creating fluffy chocolate mousse.
7. Transfer the chocolate mousse into a deep baking dish (I used a 9 x 9 inch baking tray lined with heavy-duty parchment paper). Freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or until set.
I Breathe I'm Hungry Link
Decided to take a stab at it? Tag us on social so we can see your creations! @ketobars
Mix your Keto Bars right into your ice cream or break them up for a delicious
keto friendly topping! 👇