GETTING KETO IN THE KITCHEN:
Keto Friendly Margarita & Keto Enchiladas
We don't know exactly how a day to commemorate a war between Mexico and France has become so widely celebrated in America. But, we think it has something to do with Margaritas and Enchiladas. So, we've gathered keto recipes for just that! Read on.
Be keto and have your margarita, too! This refreshing cocktail packs a punch without the guilt.
• 3 cups of ice
• 2 fluid ounces of your favorite tequila
• 1 fluid ounce of lime juice
• 2.5 tsp of your favorite low cal sweetener
• 2 lime wedges
• 2 fluid ounces of orange sparkling water
1. Fill a shaker half-full with ice. Add tequila, lime juice, and sweetener to the shaker. Seal and shake vigorously until outside is frosted, 10 to 15 seconds.
2. Place salt on a plate. Run 1 lime wedge along the rim of the Mason jar. Press the jar down into the salt. Fill the jar with ice cubes.
3. Strain margarita into the jar. Top with sparkling water and stir. Garnish with remaining lime wedge.
KetoConnect Keto Enchiladas
Delicious, comforting, exciting and keto! These enchiladas from KetoConnect are easy to make and will make your mouth happy! If you're pressed on time and don't want to make your own tortillas, most grocery stores now carry low-carb versions!
• 6 Large Eggs
• 1/4 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
• 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
• 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
• 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
• 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
• 8 oz. Ground Sausage
• 3/4 cup Enchilada Sauce
• 1.5 cup Shredded Cheese
Pssst: A lot of stores now sell low-carb tortillas IF you want to skip making your own.
1. Add all the ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
2. Heat a small (6 inch) skillet to medium-low heat and grease with coconut oil spray.
3. Use a 1/4 measuring cup to pour the batter into the heated pan and cover with a lid to cook through for 2-3 minutes.
4. Repeat process until all tortillas are cooked (we made 7).
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. Turn the heat up to medium-high and add the ground sausage. Break apart into crumbles until it cooks through completely.
3. Remove from heat and set aside.
4. Make your enchiladas: Place some meat and cheese into each wrap. Wrap loosely and place into the casserole dish. Repeat until all enchiladas are in casserole dish.
5. Top with enchilada sauce and additional cheese. Bake for 10-12 minutes until cheese is fully melted. Enjoy!
6. Best stored in a sealed container in the fridge, up to 5 days.
KetoConnect Enchilada Recipe Link
Cheers to a happy, healthy and keto Cinco!