GETTING KETO IN THE KITCHEN:
Kid-Friendly Keto Recipes!
If you’re looking for some delicious keto recipes to share with the whole family (kiddos included), then you’ve come to the right place! We gathered 3 kid approved keto recipes that you can make together. Check them out!
Ditch the Carbs: Low Carb Chicken Nuggets
• 1 egg, whisked
• 4 tbsp oil of choice
• 850g chicken breast
• 100g almond meal/flour
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion flakes
1. First bowl: Mix the egg and oil together with a fork
2. Second bowl: Mix the almond flour, salt, garlic, and onion together.
3. Cut the chicken breast into nugget sized pieces. Then, dip each piece into the egg/ oil mixture, then dip into the coating and cover fully.
4. Fry each nugget in oil on both sides until golden and cooked thoroughly.
5. Alternatively, you can bake on a lined baking tray at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.
6. Serve with your choice of dipping sauces!
Ditch The Carbs Link
Hip2Keto: Low Carb Pigs in a Blanket
Fat Head Dough:
• ¾ cup almond flour
• 1 ¾ cup mozzarella cheese
• 2 tbsp. cream cheese
• 1 egg
• ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 pinch salt
• Package of 8 hot dogs
• Sesame seeds or poppy seeds for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Make fat head dough according to instructions in Hip Tip highlights.
3. Separate dough into 8 sections, and roll into balls.
4. Using your hand, flatten and roll each piece of dough around a hot dog.
5. Roll in sesame seeds (if desired). Place on parchment covered baking pan seam side down.
6. Bake in the oven at 425 degrees for about 14-17 minutes until dough is cooked and slightly brown.
Low Carb Yum: Bacon Ranch Keto Chicken Crust Pizza
• 1 pound ground chicken
• 1/3 cup mozzarella (shredded)
• 1/3 cup Parmesan (shredded)
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 large egg
• Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
• 1/3 cup avocado mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• ¼ teaspoon dried chives
• ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
• ¼ teaspoon dried dill
• ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/8 teaspoon salt
• Dash pepper
• 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
• 2 medium plum tomatoes (sliced)
• 3 slices no sugar bacon (cooked and chopped)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line pizza pan with parchment paper
2. Combine the crust ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Then, form into a ball.
3. Place meat ball on parchment paper lined pizza pan and cover with another sheet of parchment paper. Roll into a large circle.
4. Bake your meat crust on 400 degree F oven for 20-25 minutes or until top is browned.
5. While your crust is baking, combine sauce ingredients into a medium sized bowl.
6. Remove crust from oven and flip. Then, remove the parchment paper.
7. Spread about ½ cup of the sauce on top of the pizza crust, then sprinkle ½ cup of cheese over it.
8. Sprinkle on bacon and tomatoes, then add the remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
9. Return pizza to 400 degree oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
10. Cut into 8 slices and serve.
Low Carb Yum Link